[opensource-dev] new TOS - TPV "legally" binding. :/

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Thu Apr 1 02:29:44 PDT 2010

Gareth Nelson wrote:
> You're always welcome to not accept the TOS........ and thus lose all
> your inworld assets
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Lance Corrimal wrote:
>>
>>> just had a little popup shoving the new TOS under my nose, and behold,
>>> with accepting the TOS you also accept the TPV.
>>>

>> I wonder if that's even legal...

Well, my point is that a click-through agreement with side-effects that
no-one understands doesn't sound like a particularly binding agreement
or even an agreement at all.

I mean, LL could put in: "when you agree to this you are agreeing to the
provision that your First Born will be sacrificed to FSM at our
convenience," if they wanted to, or any other reference to any other
future situation that has no relevance to the main intent of the EULA...

This doesn't sound sufficiently focused to stand up in a court of law.

Lawson