[opensource-dev] Can you legally agree to incomprehensible conditions

Gareth Nelson gareth at garethnelson.com
Thu Apr 8 02:54:50 PDT 2010

It's doable if you never merge upstream patches in, but even then
you've got quite a mess to clean up. I did the fork thing for a while
and found it was very tricky to clean up, my own from-scratch
simulator (litesim.py) was way way more stable but lagged behind
massively with features.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Aidan Thornton <makosoft at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Gareth Nelson <gareth at garethnelson.com> wrote:
>> It's a lot of work to maintain, trust me - anyway, it'd be better to
>> convince the opensim team to allow viewer developers in.
>
> Yep - people seem to end up writing their own simulator from scratch
> instead as a result. I know that I did[1], and I recall that both you
> and John Hurliman had your own projects too (litesim and Simian
> respectively).
>
> [1] http://www.makomk.com/gitweb/?p=cajeput.git;a=summary

“Lanie, I’m going to print more printers. Lots more printers. One for
everyone. That’s worth going to jail for. That’s worth anything.” -
Printcrime by Cory Doctrow