[opensource-dev] Brown-bag meeting to continue dialog on TVPV next Tuesday (4/13)

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Fri Apr 9 09:33:20 PDT 2010

On 04/09/2010 05:29 PM, Joe Miller wrote:
> Henri,
>
> Sorry you can't participate.
Joe,

Is there a compelling reason why the meeting cannot be hold in text? It
looks like that'd accommodate more developers of both, Snowgobe and
Third Party Viewers. A lot of us aren't native speakers and are much
more fluent in writing than speaking. Also, the chat history allows
everyone to catch up at their own pace while when one has missed
something said in voice, the next chance to get it is when the record is
published (if any). Some few even still have technical issues with voice
and can't use it reliably (or sometimes at all) even if they'd want to.

> Henri Beauchamp wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:24:57 -0700, Joe Linden wrote:
>>
>>> It'll be an informal Q&A session,
>> What's the point if problems are not actually *addessed* and if
>> it's just about trying to reassure people without any written
>> warrantee given on LL's side ?

Q&A might help to see what needs to be addressed, and how. I'm looking
at these meetings as one of the first steps, not the last.

Looking forward to some more cooperation
Boroondas