[opensource-dev] Stuff from my Lunch Bag

Gareth Nelson gareth at garethnelson.com
Sat Apr 10 08:06:43 PDT 2010

> Not that the Lab actually needs anything resembling the TPVP to successfully
> take legal action against someone making pernicious viewers available or
> creating them for their own use.

I can use telnet to break into various TCP-based servers, does that
make the authors of my telnet client liable for my actions?

I can also (and have done so as part of a few penetration tests) use
the metasploit framework to break into various machines - are the
authors of metasploit liable for my actions?

Unless there's some precedent to the contrary, it would seem that the
user remains liable and not the developer of the tools