[opensource-dev] Viewers in the directory are being impersonated already

Dirk Moerenhout blakar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 12:47:55 PDT 2010

It'll be possible to copy content as long as there are viewers. If you
can see it on your screen there is always a way to make a copy that is
reusable. Now obviously, all client issues aside, it's perfectly
possible to identify copies if they are loaded back into SL. As long
as they're not significantly different it's possible to identify
copied textures, objects ... automatically. It'll eat resources but
that's the way we'll be heading anyway when it comes to content.
Similar things are being done to identify copyrighted video material
and audio.