[opensource-dev] impending lawsuit?

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Wed Apr 14 05:47:42 PDT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 14. April 2010 14:39:26 schrieb Ambrosia:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 14:00, Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com> wrote:
> > This guy really filed a lawsuit.
> >
> > Such people exist, ... one of the reasons I REALLY don't want to work
> > on a SL viewer when there is a TOS that says I'm responsible and
> > liable for any damages done as a result of using that viewer.
>
> The lawsuit in question isn't about him going against Emerald. The
> Emerald Speed Rezzer is a set of gestures that change the draw
> distance in Emerald in steps for more ordered rezzing, hence the
> 'Emerald' part in the name.
>
> He's supposedly going after rival products.

I don't really see the "rival product" in my case.
I don't even HAVE any product that would rival his "speed rezzer gesture" at
all.

and what henri has is the same feature in a different implementation (100%
viewer internally), so it's not as if you could use emerald and something sold
or given away for free by henri INSTEAD of this guys script.