[opensource-dev] Requesting Linden Response: Please move TPVP Topics to a different mailing list

Jonathan Irvin djfoxyslpr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 05:52:02 PDT 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm requesting Linden Lab's response to this inquiry due to the recent
influx of new topic related...or should I say unrelated to the development
of the SnowGlobe viewer.  Lately, when I open my email, I get 5-10 different
topics and responses daily to the recent changes for the Third Party Viewer
policy and I feel that this is not related to SnowGlobe or related
development at all.

To "clear the pipes", can we please move these discussions to a different
forum or list so valid OpenSource development questions are not lost in the
flames, complaints, and discussions related to this specific topic?

I do not feel it is valid in this forum to talk about which Third-Party
Viewers in the directory were already impersonated or which part of the
third party viewer policy they do not like.

Linden Labs, if you can please isolate this to another forum, I bet those
who are truly interested in the opensource development of the Second Life
viewer would be more in tuned to staying here rather than wake up to read
yet another unproductive "I hate LL and the TPVP lets get together and share
our misery post".

Respectfully & Best Regards,

Jonathan Irvin
SL Resident of 5 Years.