[opensource-dev] Requesting Linden Response: Please move TPVP Topics to a different mailing list

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 06:55:41 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Ron Festa <overdrive at dceo.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> I feel your frustration, however, this is the opensource-dev mailing list
> not the snowglobe-dev mailing list. Both SnowGlobe and TPV's are open source
> viewers based on Linden Lab's mainline viewer the only difference is
> Snowglobe is distributed by LL. Discussion on policies that effect open
> source development should be encouraged. If you only want to see stuff
> relating to SnowGlobe then either encourage LL create a snowglobe-dev list
> or configure your mail filters to only allow email related to snowglobe to
> enter your inbox from this list.

I agree, very important topics have been banging around here recently
that effect all opensource work with the Linden Labs code and
secondlife itsself, that said is there a call for a seperate
snowglobe-dev list? I certainly don't want to see this list change
much and it should stay a general opensource/secondlife type list but
it may be worth a list to focus specificly on snowglobe only topics?

Robin