[opensource-dev] Quiet amendments of TPV (again)

Boy Lane boy.lane at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 06:45:58 PDT 2010

As this did not make it into the mailing list yet but is rather important,
LL changed the TPV policy again, quiet, in the background.

I don't know how this affects the legal validity of that document
people agreed by clickwrapping since the new ToS popup, I just
want to make you aware of that.

Robin ran a diff and the actual changes can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/Yd1j1EdE

Major changes as I see them, the terms "...you develop and distribute"
are gone, and one new paragraph was introduced.
"Nothing in this Policy is intended to modify the terms of the GPL."

Someone in LL seems to have woken up, but damage is done
nevertheless.

Boy