[opensource-dev] Fwd: [gnu.org #566095] Possible Licensing Conflict

Gareth Nelson gareth at garethnelson.com
Tue Apr 20 13:47:19 PDT 2010

I think gigs meant it's not a ruling in the sense of something legally
binding like a court ruling would be, it's not even really legal
advice.

Anyway, the current amended policy seems much more reasonable and i'd
think the FSF would agree.

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Robert Martin <robertltux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Gigs <gigstaggart at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ron Festa wrote:
>>> Not really. If you're a user basically that means you have to stop using
>>> that viewer if you want to continue access. If you are a developer it
>>> means you have to remove the ability to connect to SL. Again as per the
>>> FSF ruling on this, they're restricting the service not the software.
>>
>> It's not a "ruling".
>>
>> It's the personal opinion of a non-lawyer that works for the FSF.
>
> no i think that somebody with the title
> "Licensing Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation" could be
> said to speak for the FSF.
> --
> Robert L Martin

“Lanie, I’m going to print more printers. Lots more printers. One for
everyone. That’s worth going to jail for. That’s worth anything.” -
Printcrime by Cory Doctrow