[opensource-dev] Viewer blacklist to replace the TPV

Brandon Husbands xotmid at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 01:29:06 PDT 2010

My credentials are not up for discussion. Most in Second Life are well aware
of who I am and what I stand for. Additionally most creditable and active
community members know my contributions and projects. Though i could be
mistaken in the extent to which this information travels. If I am wrong in
my assumption then perhaps we can use a different forum or venue to discuss
these things.

Now on to your questions let us take a look at what you are saying and
implying.

1 The company.
Please show me what Government databases you looked in that also covers DBAs
and assumed operating names, You place accusations here without proper proof
nor justification.

2. The bans you mention.
As far as I know, Linden Labs does not discuss with anyone outside of its
company and the people which they take action upon the conditions relevant
information regarding disciplinary actions and bans. So unless you are a
Linden or have been one in the past i Highly doubt that the information is
truly factual.

3. Are you accusing Linden Labs of pandering to the almighty dollar instead
of standing up for the company integrity on their own list? Sir, that is a
huge accusation. I ask again where is your factual information that has
brought you to this conclusion? I would honestly say that this is indeed not
a true thing you state and is borderline slander against the very company
which you supposedly are a third party contribute for.

4. The toxic viewer source is posted. If you care to look at it here is the
link.
https://dcs.sourcerepo.com/dcs/tox_view/ feel free to look at it and take
what ever changes you see that you like. Be warry as its just a general repo
for my dir i work in.  The Voice component is not included in the installer
btw. Furthermore the Toxic Viewer is no longer in active development as it
was something that was asked of me to do by my wife. And trust me you do not
wanna go there. Youll just have to trust me on that. So in all honesty its a
null point.

Now on to my own conclusions regarding your communications.
I really do not have much more to say to you in this subject. But I will
offer some advice in regards to point 3. As I tell my kids. "You do not ***
where you eat and you do not bite the hand which feeds you. Now its not my
place to parent you nor is it my place to tell you what to do.. I only offer
this advice as a human being that is concerned with the direction this
discussion is going.

So in a nutshell I do not believe and will safely assume that no one on this
list thinks that this is a proper forum for this type of
accusation/discussion. May i give you one more piece of advise. Have you
tried the proper channels for this type of inquisition? If I am not mistaken
the url is support.secondlife.com. Once your on that page you can select new
ticket/issue. That would probably be the best avanue to question these
things. On a side note if you need assistance filing a ticket I would be
more than happy to assist.

Dim.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Boy Lane <boy.lane at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Sorry, seems I have to correct myself. Mr. Brandon Husbands seems to be
> Dimentox Travanti. Creator of the "Toxic Viewer". A project that violates
> GPL by not providing sources as well as distributing non-redistributable
> components such as the Vivox voice packages.
>
> This adds very well to your credibility Mr. Brandon Husbands :).

>>> viewers. It is also meant to avoid any possible litigation from LL in
>>> case