No subject

Wed Apr 28 21:25:55 PDT 2010

*What is freenode about? Why is it here? * freenode is a special-purpose,
not a general-purpose, discussion network, currently implemented on Internet
Relay Chat (IRC). It exists to support specific communities. It provides an
interactive environment for coordination and support of peer-directed
projects, including those relating to free software and open source. Our aim
is to help our participants to improve their communicative and collaborative
skills and to maintain a friendly, efficient environment for project
coordination and technical support.

--0016e6d778be43c32c04880b5c0b

After a short brain storm on the latest office hours, it<br>was decided tha=
t it makes more sense for an open source<br>project to use an IRC channel o=
he move this week. Please reconfigure your<br>
http://irc.eu.freenode.net">irc.eu.freenode.net</a><br>
 should listen on at least port 6667.<br><br>A detailed list of servers can=
 be found here: <a href=3D"http://freenode.net/irc_servers.shtml">http://fr=
eenode.net/irc_servers.shtml</a><br>
=3D"http://freenode.net/faq.shtml">http://freenode.net/faq.shtml</a>)<br>fo=
r example for nick registration and cloaking your hostname if you so requir=
e.<br>
o mean<br>the reason) is that freenode allows very long nick names, so that=
 it becomes<br>possible to use your full SL name as nick name if you wish.<=
br>

        about? Why is it here?
      </b>