No subject

Wed Apr 28 21:25:55 PDT 2010

* Which name will be used in local, private, and group chats?

You will mostly see Display Names but where it makes sense we will also
provide the username as well. For example, profiles will show both. Local
chat will show the Display Name and you can view a username when clicking on
the Display Name. Instant messages will show Display Name and the username
in the window title bar. For group chat, Display Name will be seen with the
username in the participants list. *

Yikes... That is BAD.  To me, this means that open chat and IMs are being
logged as the DisplayName...  It is not clear where UserName is being
Logged  (I am not talking about Window Titles, I am talking about a
Documentation Trail)

This has way too much potential for abuse.  It means that straight text logs
being saved from viewer are representing users via their DisplayName...
that, in turn, is often copied/pasted elsewhere.   Sure, someone can edit
any log after the fact, but to have the Viewer write the file in the first
place as DisplayName is a bad move.

Please Lindens, tell me I am wrong on this?

Daniel

--
Daniel Smith - Sonoma County, California
http://daniel.org/resume

--0016364d1ca1ebf3c0048e331c7c

l Smith &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:javajoint at gmail.com">javajoint at gmail.com</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br><br>&gt; What will you do to prevent others from using my use=
rname as their<br>
&gt; displayname?<br>....&gt;<br>&gt; And it&#39;s not just a display issue=
.=A0 What happens with chat and im logs?=A0 Are<br>&gt; they going to only =
 used in local, private, and group chats?<br>
 provide the username as well. For example, profiles will show both. Local =
chat will show the Display Name and you can view a username when clicking o=
n the Display Name. Instant messages will show Display Name and the usernam=
e in the window title bar. For group chat, Display Name will be seen with t=
he username in the participants list. </i><br>
eing logged as the DisplayName...=A0 It is not clear where UserName is bein=
g Logged=A0 (I am not talking about Window Titles, I am talking about a Doc=
umentation Trail)<br>
xt logs being saved from viewer are representing users via their DisplayNam=
e... that, in turn, is often copied/pasted elsewhere.=A0=A0 Sure, someone c=
an edit any log after the fact, but to have the Viewer write the file in th=
e first place as DisplayName is a bad move.<br>

--0016364d1ca1ebf3c0048e331c7c--