No subject

Wed Apr 28 21:25:55 PDT 2010

> invoking that [...] produces unresolved externals for
> boost::filesystem::path conversion machinery even though we can
> resolve other boost::filesystem symbols. Possibly those conversion
> routines aren't being built for Linden's Boost package.

Does that mean that LL's prebuilt windows binary for the Boost library
doesn't conform to the API set by the headers it ships with? Both const
std::string string() const
<https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/3p-boost/src/f1c8de42baf0/boost_1_45_0/boost/filesystem/v3/path.hpp#cl-282>
and const std::string generic_string() const
<https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/3p-boost/src/f1c8de42baf0/boost_1_45_0/boost/filesystem/v3/path.hpp#cl-322>
are declared in
build-windows/packages/include/boost/filesystem/v3/path.hpp for windows.

Is that somehow related to the compile flag mismatch mentioned in
changeset 740d8b8e509f
<https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-development/changeset/740d8b8e509f>?

If the lib binary indeed deviates from the API, shouldn't we try to fix
the binary rather than hacking around these problems in the calling
viewer code?

Cheers,
Boroondas

--------------030804060309070406020806