[opensource-dev] V2.X & V1.X support on the same machine

aklo at skyhighway.com aklo at skyhighway.com
Sat Aug 7 14:03:17 PDT 2010

i like what Dzon has to say more every time she has something new to
contribute.  Just sayin'.

And to Fractured Crystal re: "Drugs are bad."  In SL the usual
psychoactive options (even alcohol) are obviously not an option.  But, if
you look at it like that SL is sorta like a drug.  Is it bad?  It is an
altered state, and that's like the problem i have with Viewer 2 - it
lessens the "immersion" that's important to me in SL.  i know i'm all
wierd & stuff, but SL isn't a "game" for me.  It's an altered state of
reality.  It's taught me a lot about myself i never guessed at b4 and in
some ways is better than acid or whatever - and trust me, that's something
i *do* know about.

Sorry for what lots will call off-topic input, but i think the pysche
implications of what we're doing with SL are as important as the pure CS
tech stuff, and deserve to be discussed in the same sort of context.
Treating SL like nothing more than a "game" is trashing a lot of potential
for the sake of a cheap thrill.  So American, y'know?  Once again, just
sayin'.

bye,
AK

Dzonatas Sol wrote:
> > They've had an adult grid that is suppose to be fast, easy,... and fun.
> >
> > They've had an teen grid that is suppose to be ... easy... fast... clean?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > ___________________  Life

I believe I found a solution.

The svn code should be for only "kids"... even people who decide to make
their avatars like "kids"... so a split code base "right there" where
the more known "adult" possibility can be found in the hg repository.

I think that provides several options to get LL out of its corner.

We know there is confusion between "shared" code base and "split" code
base... yet we understand this.

It's the same feel... they need to earn it to grow up... but its got to
be their choice to know what they lost. Some have already taken that
choice...

.. they just haven't quite... you know.