[opensource-dev] Open Viewer Development Announcement

Bryon Ruxton bryon at slearth.com
Mon Aug 16 18:25:45 PDT 2010

Mike,

First of all, I said ³us² in the context of those, like Henri, who hate the
sidebar. As for ³we² in general,
it is the majority who says they hate or dislike viewer 2.0  as indicated by
multiple polls
or articles like the following, justifying the word ³we² (i.e. the overall
majority of Residents who gave their opinion):

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/ShowResults?id=1604314&mode=data
(75% disliking or hating the sidebar here.)
http://blogs.secondlife.com/poll.jspa?poll=1017
http://blogs.secondlife.com/poll.jspa?poll=1018
http://polldaddy.com/poll/3048677/?view=results
http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2010/03/20-not-increasing-growth.html

Thus it¹s not my personal feelings. I check my facts before I say something.

When there is that much ³hate²(and not just dislike) for a product by such
significant measure,
deploying a task force to find out why, and how to fix it in emergency mode
is required.
That also includes listening to people like you who like the interface, and
see exactly what they like,
to assess the changes necessary, and what ought to be kept in consideration
for the 10-20% who like it.