[opensource-dev] display names = the end of 1.x viewers?

Bryon Ruxton bryon at slearth.com
Tue Aug 17 15:13:53 PDT 2010

As you are implementing this, you may to consider forcing capitalization via
JavaScript or else on the first name (from the official actual username)
e.g. "first Linden" look bad as if there is a typo in there and such proper
nouns are normally capitalized.

I have always found it annoying to see lowercase first names. It is probably
mostly a result of omissions, but also tends to happen more frequently with
younger users. And as we "officially" will get 16 and 17 years old it is
much more likely to happen.

It happens a lot in shopping carts or any web user database if you don't
automatically capitalize first and last names or addresses by code, which I
now tend to do to prevent such inconsistence in postage labels, etc...
It would make for a more consistent database too.