[opensource-dev] display names = the end of 1.x viewers?

Brian McGroarty soft at lindenlab.com
Tue Aug 17 15:54:44 PDT 2010

This is correct. Andromeda Quonset will be Andromeda Quonset forever.
At some point, new residents won't be able to choose a last name -
only these will be "Resident"

No existing script function will return different results than it does
today. New script functions are added for fetching/referencing Display
Names.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Erik Anderson
<erikba at odysseus.anderson.name> wrote:
> My interpretation of what was said is that the script using a 2.X viewer
> would NOT say "Andromeda Resident", SL is just stating that users in the
> future will not be asked for a last name when they sign up, all new users
> after that point would have a last name of "Resident", which the 2.X viewers
> would likely hide.
>
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Andromeda Quonset
> <andromedaquonset at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It appears to me that if I create a script using viewer 1.X, it will
>> show as being created by Andromeda Quonset.  It also appears to me
>> that if I create the same script using a 2.X viewer, that it will say
>> it was created by Andromeda Resident.

Brian McGroarty | Linden Lab
Sent from my Newton MP2100 via acoustic coupler