[opensource-dev] Open Viewer Development Announcement

Timothy Horrigan timothyhorrigan at mac.com
Wed Aug 18 06:11:26 PDT 2010

Scripters have already had to deal with the case where an avi's name
changes.  The Lindens have always had the option to rename avis (e.g.,
if an offensive name falls through the filters during registration, if
an innoucuous name becomes offensive due to news events, if a Linden
loses his or her job, etc.)  That's why most scripts specify the
identity of a user through his or her UUID rather than his or her name.
In fact the only way to use the avi name in a script is to have it first
look up the UUID.

--Tammy Nowotny (I forget what my UUID is)