[opensource-dev] Fwd: Snowstorm Request: Draw Distance Slider (and other useful buttons)

Trilo Byte trilobyte550m at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 13:16:09 PDT 2010

I wish it were possible to easily adjust my draw distance within the viewer.  In some scenes it's desirable to turn draw distance way up, while in others I risk crashing if the number is not reduced.  It's not convenient or easy for new residents to find.

As a follow-on, a button for 'About Land' would be very handy for landlords and merchants/residents who rent land (and frequently need access to parcel settings) and a button for 'Advanced Sky' would be extremely useful for SL photographers and machinima creators as a means to more easily access windlight settings.

If possible, I'd like to have (either by default or as an option, like with buttons on the bottom of the Viewer window).

Several months ago, I cobbled together some XML code based on tips from Opensource Obscure and Hitomi Tiponi found on the Second Life Wiki.  The result is a modified panel_navigation_bar.xml, I will attach that modified file in a zipfile below - if it can be of any use please feel free to use it.  For the last several months, I've been manually dropping the file into each build of the SL viewer, Snowglobe, and Kirsten's S20 TPV on both Windows and Mac platforms, and it's worked without incident.  File gets placed in  skins\default\xui\en

Cheers

TriloByte Zanzibar