[opensource-dev] display names = the end of 1.x viewers?

Anders Arnholm anders at arnholm.se
Wed Aug 18 15:31:53 PDT 2010

2010-08-18 20:19, Michael Schlenker skrev:
> Am 18.08.2010 um 15:05 schrieb Argent:
>

>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Michael Schlenker<schlenk at uni-oldenburg.de>  wrote:
>> Am 18.08.2010 um 01:16 schrieb Bryon Ruxton:
>>
>>> And 2. you should also prevent anyone to use a display name baring the name
>>> of an existing username in my opinion.
>>>

>> NO. That would limit the usefulness for some kind of RP for sure.
>>
>> Can you elaborate on what kind of RP would require you to be able to set your display name to "Argent Stonecutter"?
>>

> Sure. Anywhere you wanna have uniform appearance, like having a bunch of 'Agent Smith' AVs in black suits to give the
> impression of identical twins or clones.

On the other hand in RL yuou can usally hear fomr where the voice comes,
in text chat you can't. FOr the people, not LL, handling the most of the
abuse greifing an other stuff, and the most common problem in any
roleplay group Drama, text logs where names aint unique will be a
terrible mess to sort out. They wil case new drama's as well.  All sl
roleplayers I know think this is about the worst they heard off EVER.

believed to be clean.