[opensource-dev] display names = the end of 1.x viewers?

Bryon Ruxton bryon at slearth.com
Thu Aug 19 19:42:37 PDT 2010

On 8/19/10 7:20 PM, "Argent Stonecutter" <secret.argent at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2010-08-19, at 14:09, Michael Schlenker wrote:
>> Its a special case of the general case, i didn't check but I'm pretty sure
>> 'Agent Smith' is taken by someone. If it is and you
>> had your way it would not be possible to use that name.
>
> Yes. So?
Argent, Keep in mind once the feature is implemented:
One will be able to choose "Captain America"
with captain.america becoming his unique username.
And it wouldn't be fair to prevent anyone else to RP "Captain America" as
his display name. So if there is a restriction it can only be on current/old
"First.Last" usernames, which are unlikely to create such conflicts.