[opensource-dev] Snowstorm Daily Scrum Summary - 08/20/2010

Esbee Linden (Sarah Hutchinson) esbee at lindenlab.com
Fri Aug 20 18:43:56 PDT 2010

Date: Fri Aug 20

Daily Scrum Summary also available online: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowstorm_Daily_Scrum_Archive

== GENERAL NOTES ==
Q is OOO for the next few days
Remember to update the Sprint Backlog!

== DAILY SCRUM ==

=== Aimee ===
PAST
Staged some more build fixes from Snowglobe into aimee_linden/viewer-development-import
Merged into to viewer-development
More Mercurial and bitbucket guidance to open source contributors
Helped Oz get SSH to Bitbucket going

FUTURE
Pull in some more Snowglobe fixes
Merge from aimee_linden/viewer-development-import to viewer-development
Find out what we're doing about stuff in viewer-public and viewer-release? Merge / convert / merge?

IMPEDIMENTS
None.

=== Tofu ===
OOO

=== Oz ===
PAST
Fixed ssh authentication problem (thanks Aimee)
Process discussions
Got deeper training on TeamCity
Discussions with tools team on common code issues
Set up new canonical build for viewer-development (changed 'oz' to 'snowstorm' in name).
Set up experimental repository & build
Code review of submission from WolfPup (building now)

FUTURE
More wiki improvements
Post archive of Wednesdays OH
Add transcriber to this scrum meeting space

IMPEDIMENTS
none

=== Merov ===
PAST
LLKDU in viewer-development: Analyzed the llkdu.dll crash on Windows on launch. Aimee was right : we will have to port all of SNOW-345 (see http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-345) fixes to Snowstorm. The good news is I know what to do now. The bad news is that last time I did it consumed 3 days to get things right. I'm thinking of ways to just tease the lib without rebuilding it and point install.xml to it.
Got all my bitbucket and TeamCity ducks in a row: there's now a merov_linden/viewer-development-import repo (same model as Aimee's)
Snowglobe: completed cleanup of 1.x (SNOW-713 issues)

FUTURE
LLKDU in viewer-development: Try the fixed llkdu.dll from Snowglobe 1.4 bluntly as a test
LLKDU in viewer-development: Move the relevant SNOW-345 changes to Snowstorm
LLKDU in viewer-development: Modify build.sh to download the llkdu libs even when -DINSTALL_PROPRIETARY:BOOL=ON is not set
LLKDU in viewer-development: Create a separate private repo for building llkdu cleaning from code (need to double check that with brad)

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Q ===
OOO

=== Esbee ===
PAST
Triaging EXT bugs and prepping to convert them to VWR
Continued response to blog and SLCC feedback
Discussion with QA about integration and release process
Started sketch of undockable sidebar tabs

FUTURE
Finish sketch undockable/dockable sidebar design and send to XD team for a quick review
Set up weekly office hours to discuss product backlog and ideas!
Continue Jira triage
Continue to follow up on SLCC and Snowstorm blog feedback
Start adding Resident feedback/ideas/user stories to the Snowstorm Backlog on a new tab
Document idea submission process and worm with those ideas
Flying back to SF on Sunday

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Paul ===
PAST
BUG EXT-8405 (Clicking an attachment switches the Add More inventory to Flat view)
In  progress 95%.

FUTURE
BUG EXT-8405 (Clicking an attachment switches the Add More inventory to Flat view)

IMPEDIMENTS
none
note: vacation request 09.13-09.24

=== Andrew ===
PAST
Pushed tickets that passed review
Task VWR-20703(Research bottom bar code)
Investigation more or less complete
Started writing test code for moving buttons
Cloned and built viewer-development

FUTURE
Task VWR-20702(Snowstorm Sprint 2: As a User who's customized the bottom bar of the Viewer UI, I also want to be able to control the order of the buttons as they appear in the UI.)

IMPEDIMENTS
none

=== Vadim ===
PAST
Task VWR-20724 (Missing underlined shortcuts in some top-level menus):

Implemented, committed.
Task VWR-20734 (Changed parcel properties to default to "on" in the location bar):

Implemented, committed.
Helping web site developers to investigate a problem with viewer requiring user to upgrade to Premium account before buying a parcel on the mainland.

FUTURE
Discuss proposed commit process
Proceed with Sprint #2 tasks.

IMPEDIMENTS
What to do with tickets we no longer work on? How to pass them to QA ?

=== Sergey ===
PAST
Bug (EXT-7325) My Landmarks: "Show on Map" context menu item is enabled while "Map" button is disabled for selected landmark.
Pushed fix.
Bug (EXT-8697) My Landmarks: 'Cut' item should be greyed out in folder's context menu
Pushed fix.
Bug (VWR-20694) Snowstorm Sprint 2: As a User, I want to undock tabs  from the Viewer sidebar so that I can control what tabs are displayed  and organize them on my screen in any way I want like I could do in  1.23.
WIP. Researching Side Bar, Dockable Floater code.

FUTURE
Bug (VWR-20694) Snowstorm Sprint 2: As a User, I want to undock tabs  from the Viewer sidebar so that I can control what tabs are displayed  and organize them on my screen in any way I want like I could do in  1.23.

IMPEDIMENTS
none
Vacation Sept 6-9

=== Anya ===
PAST
Investigation/Discussion of suggested new commit process for PE
Clarified tasks/bugs
Discussed with Bambers options for Snowstorm QA

FUTURE
figure out process for Hg
discuss QA options with Esbee & Bambers
get answers to questions listed as impediments
crashhunters

IMPEDIMENTS
No tasks to take from backlog that don't require design
Should I add EXT bugs we're currently working on to the sprint backlog? (20%)
How best to engage QA in the Snowstorm process?
Vadim: How to assign/pass issues to QA?
Task EXT-7756 (Add sort order to My Outfits gear menu (name or date)) - how to deal with server changes?