[opensource-dev] display names = the end of 1.x viewers?

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Sat Aug 21 04:51:08 PDT 2010

ROFL - unique display names

Well, I suggested the same, but per SIM -- not globally :p
Making them globally unique would kinda void the whole reason
they are being introduced imho.

I think I saw a very strong argument posted here about not
automating anything though: It's near 100% sure that people
will be able to LOOK like having the same display name while
no computer will be able to notice that.

I think that using a different color or rectangle around
display names (or user names) to differentiate them is the
way to go to make sure nobody will ever think that a display
name is someones user name.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>