[opensource-dev] Malicious payloads in third-party viewers: is the policy worth anything?

Brian McGroarty soft at lindenlab.com
Sat Aug 21 08:34:03 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Discrete Dreamscape
<discrete.dreamscape at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, I prefer to remember him as:
>
> 1) The guy who hacked Emerald's servers before discovering the data
> storage issue and
>
> 2) The active developer of a malicious viewer under the lolguise of
> promoting exploit/bugfixing.
>
> But hey, they keep antagonizing him, so of course this kind of thing continues.

Yeah, he's no saint from these or a hundred other things said about
him. Ditto the Emerald leadership. For us though, the problem begins
if a pissing match extends to SL or resis' use of SL.

--
Brian McGroarty | Linden Lab
Sent from my Newton MP2100 via acoustic coupler