[opensource-dev] SVN dead at LL?

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Sun Aug 22 06:05:21 PDT 2010

 On 08/22/2010 02:32 PM, Gareth Nelson wrote:
> In the subject really - is subversion just dead now?
Define "dead". The server is still up and running and I guess it'll stay
like that for the foreseeable future. About the code hosted there, and
the projects behind that:

    * I assume there will be no further source drops of *official
      viewer* code on SVN, as there are now public hg repositories for
      that purpose, first of all
      http://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-development
    * I assume the community committers still have write access, so
      *Snowglobe 1* might (and probably will, if necessary) still
      receive security fixes. There will probably not be any new
      features developed for Snowglobe 1. I don't know whether some
      Viewer 2 features will be backported.
    * Features of *Snowglobe 2* will be cherry picked into Snowstorm
      (lindenlab/viewer-development) if LL thinks they should be in the
      mainline viewer. It's unclear what happens with features that the
      community wants but LL doesn't. (For implemented ones, you'll
      probably be able to get them from the individual dev's repo. We
      aren't yet sure whether we also want to establish a common
      community repo for that purpose.)

cheers
Boroondas