[opensource-dev] Malicious payloads in third-party viewers: is the policy worth anything?

Brandon Husbands xotmid at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 13:30:55 PDT 2010

As a X-emerald Dev (I am Dimentox) Most of the stuff people are saying that
is going on or has gone on.. Most of the other devs had no idea. We just did
our parts to make the viewer better. I left due to the fact that i did not
have time to continue to work on the project.  Unfortunately a few bad seeds
ruin the apple.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Will <wdemauro at verizon.net> wrote:

> Then this is confusing, to be listed you have to within the policy
> "approved" for lack of a better word:
> Someone please clarify-
>
> "If a Third-Party Viewer or your use or distribution of it violates
> this Policy or any Linden Lab policy, your permission to access
> Second Life using the Third-Party Viewer shall terminate
>  automatically."
>
> To me it sounds like any viewer not on the list is not approved and that
> means by their own statement it will not be allowed to connect.

This email is a private and confidential communication. Any use of email may
be subject to the laws and regulations of the United States. You may not
Repost, Distribute nor reproduce any content of this message.