[opensource-dev] Malicious payloads in third-party viewers: is the policy worth anything?

Alexandrea Fride babytje_ab at live.com
Tue Aug 24 14:03:20 PDT 2010

Sure true

but the differences is for a normal sl viewer to do this they need to
specify their own login screen using url parameters or someting
while with Emerald has there own custom login screenpage with users see
evrytime they login into Emerald

while what you say is true but that user count is WAY lesser then thousand
of emerald users loging in continue
it was stupid to do but this also proven the point is that Emerald (or anny
other viewer) can do what they whant with SL's code
it gives wrong view of what Third party viewer should be

and to fix this so it never hapens again disalow custom login page's to be
hosted on the viewers server
but instead allow it so it can be hosted on secondlife servers (for a fee
maybe idk) and everey time they wanna update the page, let LL
control it to see if its user safe (could allow dynamic xml stats for custom
news and stats but limited to basic html code with it)

annyway my 2cents