[opensource-dev] Current Snowstorm commit builds

CG Linden cg at lindenlab.com
Wed Aug 25 17:20:59 PDT 2010

Well, let me be a little nicer about it :)

The results.py script is to generate a page from the files uploaded to a
hierarchical file system (S3 for us in production, a generic filesystem in
the published version).

The sections presented map to the upload types defined in the "upload_item"
function in
http://bitbucket.org/cg_linden/buildscripts/src/tip/hg/bin/build.sh

The layout of the upload location is documented in:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Automated_Build_System#Uploading_Build_Results_to_S3

Since these build scripts are used for arbitrary code, you can only make
generic assumptions. If you wanted to make this look more like our wiki
page, you can probably use some heuristics about what an installer file
looks like for each platform, then generate the mac/win/linux links under a
unified icon.

Many of the currently visible links on the build results page are there to
help debug builds and as a convenient repository for changeset info (e.g.
the changes.js file).

So, the mission is, if you choose to accept it, to provide a page or a set
of pages (preferably a single file) that allows access to at least as much
information as is available now.
--
cg