[opensource-dev] This is how Linden Lab treats it's customers...

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 05:50:03 PDT 2010

I know this is "off topic", so I'll keep it as short as possible.

After being a paying customer for more than a year, renting a homestead,
and thus paying Linden Lab ~ USD$ 1000 or so ... they just take the sim
offline, with no opening to even discuss the matter.

Why? Because of something I did? No. The reason is that Linden
Lab isn't interested in the "little people". Unless you have a FULL
sim of USD$ 300 per month, you don't count. Obviously I can't
afford that; so us little people have to resort renting homesteads
from strangers who own a full sim. The owner of that full sim
was paid by everyone who rented a homestead from him,
every month, in time. But one day he decided he wanted to quit.
Apparently he stopped paying Linden Lab, so they took all "his"
sims offline.

Now what is wrong in this picture? Should the 50 or so under-
renters be punished because of one? I had absolutely nothing
to do with this guy, except that he needed to own the homestead
in name, because of the completely nonsensical "rule" that
Linden Lab doesn't want to make homesteads available
directly. Well, fuck you too Linden Lab.

So one day I have a home, my own island where I live and
did built and work on for more than a year. Which is full of
objects of my dead partner that I can use but not Take Back
(no help from LInden Lab here either of course), and the
next -poof- offline. Not because *I* didn't pay, but because
LInden Lab doesn't give a shit about me, or my money.
Or it's customers.