[opensource-dev] Homesteads

Daniel danielravennest at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 08:44:24 PDT 2010

It seems there would be a place for a reputable third party to provide
"property management".  By reputable I mean a real life real estate business
such as manages apartment complexes.  They would provide a written lease,
collect payments, hold sufficient funds in escrow, pay Linden Lab, and hire
one or more "property managers" to do the day-to-day in-world contacts with
residents.

The problem has been that most SL estate tenants have no real life contact
information on the estate owner, and no contract with them that can be enforced.
And you have little information on whether that estate owner is solidly financed
or about to go broke, or just may change their minds.

I don't know if you rent from someone else if you can do a restore of your
region to the new location.  But seems like there are ways to make this
better if not just let people rent homesteads which to me I believe would be
a huge market.