[opensource-dev] Snowstorm Daily Scrum Summary - 08/30/2010

Esbee Linden (Sarah Hutchinson) esbee at lindenlab.com
Mon Aug 30 09:56:56 PDT 2010

Date: Mon Aug 30

Daily Scrum Summary also available online: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowstorm_Daily_Scrum_Archive

== GENERAL NOTES ==
No Daily Scrum tomorrow. Sprint Retrospective (6-7am PT) & Sprint Planning Meeting (7-9am PT) will be held instead.

== DAILY SCRUM ==

=== Aimee ===
PAST
UK Bank Holiday

=== Tofu ===
PAST
UK Bank Holiday

=== Oz ===
PAST
Tested, reviewed, and pulled fixes from PE
Pulled build system improvements from Team Chopper
Wiki updates

FUTURE
Office Hour
Post first Development build on secondlife.com !
More wiki updates
Poll open source devs re: next sprint contributions

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Merov ===
PAST
LLKDU in viewer-development: Done!
Add "Sit" to the "pie" menu: Done!
Lots of code review

FUTURE
LLKDU upgrade: get all info, details, etc... so we can estimate that work
Code review, tests and clean up for sprint 2 as required
Look into Snowglobe backlog for next sprint

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Q ===
OOO - Getting released from the rehab hospital tomorrow!

=== Esbee ===
PAST
Finished Jira EXT triage
Finally started reviewing Resident feedback and ideas for backlog

FUTURE
Prepare for Sprint Planning Meeting tomorrow
Get Resident ideas and feedback into the backlog

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Paul ===
OOO - Sick

=== Andrew ===
PAST
*Task VWR-20702 (Snowstorm Sprint 2: As a User who's customized the bottom bar of the Viewer UI, I also want to be able to control the order of the buttons as they appear in the UI.)
*Found serious problems with D&D implementation, leading to crashes.  Will not be able to complete in this sprint. May need to consider a different implementation for reordering.

FUTURE
Task VWR-20702

IMPEDIMENTS
D&D implementation.  Will ask for LL consult tomorrow.

=== Vadim ===
PAST
Fixed small bug in Detachable tabs
Got a bitbucket account and cloned viewer-development there

FUTURE
Various fixes and polish for Detachable tabs.

IMPEDIMENTS
Should we create separate tasks for these fixes & polish? Where and how should they be committed?

=== Sergey ===
PAST
Task (VWR-20696) Write code to allow for undocking of a sidebar tab
Fixed.
* Task (VWR-20697) Write code to allow for redocking of a sidebar tab
Fixed.
Fixed selecting re-docked tab and toggling its tag button state.
Minor optimization of Side Tray expanding/collapsing upon toggling tab docked/undocked.
Task (VWR-20970) Implement undocking tabs by dragging.
WIP.

FUTURE
Task (VWR-20970) Implement undocking tabs by dragging. Estimated: 4-5 hours.

IMPEDIMENTS
none

=== Anya ===
PAST
Discuss next sprint process
Finalize design for bottom bar reordring VWR-20706

FUTURE
Follow up design discussion in VWR-20695
Find and torture Lindens who can help sort out some issues with VWR-20702
Clean up Jira (remove devs no longer here, change assignments, talk to QA who assign to devs that are gone)

IMPEDIMENTS
we're not making VWR-20702 in this sprint. it was underestimated due to unexpected D&D implementation problems (all D&D behavior is currently tied to inventory.