[opensource-dev] Removal of the "MultipleAttachments" debug settings ?

David Couchenour Kindragon at comcast.net
Mon Aug 30 17:38:49 PDT 2010

  On 8/30/2010 3:04 PM, Altair Sythos Memo wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:44:04 -0700
> Kadah<kadah.coba at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>> If the point of this is to make people *want* 2.x.... a lot of
>>> nice tags that say 'to see me properly, use viewer 2.x... I have
>>> more attachments than you do' might be a good way to go.
>> It worked for Emerald.
> Emerald use a "tweaked" code+xml, only an emerald see correctly another
> emerald user...<snip>

Someone can edit and add the additional attachment points to the
avatar_lad.xml file for the other viewer(s). I've done this for the
2.1.2 viewer and it seems to work. Note that you can't simply copy the
avatar_lad.xml from Emerald to 2.x.

This way a 2.x viewer can see the Emerald attachments correctly, and
still have use of the newer multi-attachment feature too. Essentially
making it backwards compatible with Emerald, but Emerald still cannot
see the newer attachments.

---

As an avatar builder I intend to start stating which features/viewers my
avatars are designed to be compatible with. This may lower my business
since there will be viewers my avatars will not be compatible with, but
I also cannot wait several months for Emerald and other third party
viewers to catch up to the official viewer's capabilities.

Gosh... Wasn't too long ago I would have said that Emerald was much more
advanced than the official viewer... Now it's flipped around for me.

- Obsidian Stormwind