[opensource-dev] STORM-151 : KDU v6.4.1 upgrade update

Trilo Byte trilobyte550m at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 07:52:42 PST 2010

Excellent, Merov, thanks!

Downloaded the binary and started banging on the Mac client...

- Tested a series of image uploads from JPG, PNG, and TGA sources (including some with alpha), everything uploaded normally.

- Tested rezzing by visiting a few texture and sculpt-heavy builds.  Everything loaded quickly (even faster than previous developer builds?)

Sculpties also seem to rez much more quickly for Mac users.  I tweak my viewer settings with RenderVolumeLODfactor set to 6.0 (seems to work best for my GPU), but previous versions of the KDU library seemed to take noticeably longer to rez sculpt-maps than other textures, and certainly longer than the PC client.  I haven't compared against the PC client on this build, but comparing against older KDU library versions it appears to be considerably faster.

Side note: changing the RenderVolumeLODfactor default setting to 2.0 for macs with Intel integrated graphics and 4.0 for all other machines would result in a much better performance 'out of the box' for Mac users IMO.