[opensource-dev] Autoupdater Flashback

Strife Onizuka blindwanderer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 13:16:48 PST 2010

While the background updater is new, having an updater is not. In the past
all that was required was a request to a URL and it would return to you the
latest installer for the grid you specified. Will this old mechanism be
phased out? I rather liked the ability to download the recommended client
for an arbitrary grid. The URLs have been a fixture on my wiki user pages
for years.