[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Friday, December 3

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Mon Dec 6 13:46:25 PST 2010

 Friday, December 3, 2010 General Notes
------------------------------

   - Merge Monkey of the Day: Oz

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-151: kdu compression: Have compression working decently. W00t!
   Same settings as before though. Not too bad but I think we can do better
   compression wise and perf wise. Pushed changesets to the dev repo.
   - STORM-150: Updated kakadu upgrade wiki documentation. Pushed to review.
   Assigned to Q.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-151: kdu compression: Clean up. Test other settings (use of
   precincts, check premultiplication for alpha). Compare perf to baseline.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Merge Monkeying
      - All queues emptied, waiting to push many beta branch commits
   - Assorted internal stuff that consumed much time

*FUTURE*

   - Document code review system on wiki
   - more internal stuff...

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - waiting for the beta branch to unlock...

Q Linden
------------------------------

   - OOO

Esbee Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Reviewed integration queue list and specifically the target viewer
   version list
   - Moved STORM-564 to LEAP so Monroe can take a look at it
      - Discussed LEAP-20/SOCIAL-267 with Callum and Monroe (closed LEAP-20
      as a dupe)
   - Talked to Wolfpup about STORM-236 (will follow up with the voice team)
   - Worked with Gez to identify STORM-722
   - Started review Jonathan Yap's list of work from email
      - Moved VWR-18743 --> STORM-723

*FUTURE*

   - Prep for next sprint
   - Spend more time looking into Jonathan Yap's email list of work (I
   couldn't provide quick feedback on all tickets yesterday and will take some
   investigation)
   - Design discussion about saved layouts w/Q
   - Discuss color prefs with Q
   - Provided additional detail on STORM-236. I have contacted the Voice
   product owner so he is aware of the request and can weigh-in. He's away on
   vacation this week and into next week, so it may take a few days to hear
   back.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Still sick

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - TASK STORM- 622 (Texture picker screws up when multiple textures are
   opened)
      - WIP. Hard to give estimates... Hope to fix tomorrow.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-684 subtasks (fix transparency in some panels/floaters).

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-579) Resident SLURL font color doesn't match Chat
   preferences for plain text Nearby Chat log
      - WIP. Working on applying the preffered URL color to object and
      avatar names in chat. The problem is that underlining such
SLURLs on mouse
      hover cannot be applied.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG (STORM-579) Resident SLURL font color doesn't match Chat
   preferences for plain text Nearby Chat log
   - TASK (STORM-693) Preview thumbnails in the Edit Wearable and Edit Body
   Parts panels do not honor opacity settings

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Andrew Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Normal task STORM-34 (As a User, I want a list of my favorite locations
   available on the login screen so i can log in to SL right where I want to
   be).
      - WIP. Implemented save/ load to and from file of favorite landmarks
      names along with their global coords. But to use coordinates in
login screen
      a lot of changes in login code are needed (and it's dangerous
and will take
      a lot of time), so after discussion with Vadim decision was made to store
      SLURLs instead of coords in file, but it will require requests
to server for
      each landmark in favorite. Figuring out a good way to get them in time.
      Estimate - 2.5-3d.

*FUTURE*

   - Normal task STORM-34.
      - Implement mechanizm of retrieving slurls for all favorites
      beforehand, and updating them when changes occur. Start changing
login panel
      comboboxes.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-527 needs a new home

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*
Made additional fixes for:

   - Task STORM-676 (Color swatches inside transparent floater are not
   transparent).
   - Task STORM-677 (Texture pickers inside transparent floater are not
   transparent).
   - Bug STORM-432 (Trash button in People > My Friends tab can be moved).

Fixed:

   - Task STORM-687 (Snapshot thumbnail in the Email Snapshot floater
   doesn't honor floater opacity settings).

*FUTURE*

   - Continue with transparency-related fixes.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Our transparency-related work still hasn't been integrated into beta.
   - Will Esbee take a look at STORM-28?
   - Is there a way to assign STORM-564 to Monroe Linden?

Andrey Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - re-ran smoke & integrity tests against Beta1 r215703 build
   - verified STORM-667 hotfix for beta
   - 2.4.0 bugfixes verification, see spreadsheet

*FUTURE*

   - switch to the latest v-d build
   - verify integrated tickets and do some regression testing in scope of
   recent changes

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Jonathan Yap
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Commented on code review system.
   - STORM-713 -- This should be fixed before a viewer is released.
   - STORM-523
      - Could not reproduce myself or with another tester. Need a screen
      shot from the reporter. Reporter says she could reproduce this
with my test
      object. Better way would be to send these notifications to local chat.
   - VWR-24053 (Start Location preference not always obeyed)

*FUTURE*

   - [long range]
      - Update lsl wiki - remove Unsupported icon next to llTextBox. Timing
      of when to make this edit?

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - I need someone to assign VWR-24053 to me after converting it to Storm