[opensource-dev] Noticed Something interesting while investigating STORM-776

WolfPup Lowenhar wolfpup67 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 16:43:20 PST 2010

Please see : https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-776

Since I have started investigating this I have found that there is actually
duplicated code and xml files for object 'profiles'.

1. sidebar_task_info: this section of code and related xml allows the
editing of the permissions of rezed(inworld) objects.

2. sidebar_item_info: dose the same thing but for non-rezed(inventory)
although currently this has issues that this jira is addressing.

Question is do we really need this code duplication since the code for the
inwolrd object 'profile' dose all perm settings without a problem and can we
use the same code for the ones in inventory?