[opensource-dev] What is with the cycling port connections on SLv2.4?

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Thu Dec 23 07:46:15 PST 2010

On 2010-12-23 7:09, Zabb65 wrote:
> This is one of the most confusing posts I've seen in ages. Would you
> like to provide some technical detail of what you see happening, and
> what you EXPECT to happen?

But it does serve as an excellent example of a problem report that's
high on emotional content and almost completely lacking in actionable data.

For others that might be tempted to imitate this style of problem report
either here or elsewhere: be aware that a typical developer might finish
reading it (this one was at least short), but will almost certainly just
ignore it.  In particular, taunting the developer to "do this and see
what happens" almost never gets useful results.

If you want a developer to actually act on a problem report, specific
information is key.  I highly recommend this essay on the subject: