[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Thursday, December 23

Vadim Savchuk vsavchuk at productengine.com
Fri Dec 24 02:03:43 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Opensource Obscure <
opensourceobscure at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 21:22, Anya Kanevsky
> <akanevsky at productengine.com> wrote:
> > Thursday, December 23, 2010
>
> > TASK (STORM-797) Parcel SLURL rendering
> >
> > WIP. Temporary moved parcel name retrieving to llui. Should be moved to
> > llmessage if dependencies could be resolved. Working on parcel SLURL
> class
> > to handle parcel name resolving from parcel ID.
> >
> > FUTURE
> >
> > TASK (STORM-797) Parcel SLURL rendering. Est - 1 day.
>
> This sounds interesting. What would become possible if this
> will be implemented?

Rendering SLURLs like
secondlife:///app/parcel/*UUID*/about<secondlife:///app/parcel/0000060e-4b39-e00b-d0c3-d98b1934e3a8/about>
into human-readable strings.
See https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-797

> Something that drives me crazy is I can't create a landmark
> of a place without going there. IIRC this behaviour can't be improved.
> It would be awesome if I could copy a SLURL from my web browser,
> then paste it into my Inventory and then (later) click it to teleport
> there.

Do you mean creating a landmark in your inventory by pasting a SLURL?
I'm not sure that's possible: AFAIR, to create a landmark we perform a
request to the server, which creates landmark of the current location in our
inventory. The protocol doesn't support remote locations.

--
Vadim