[opensource-dev] STORM-797 and other ideas about Landmarks&SLURLS (was "Daily Scrum Summary - dec. 23")

Vadim Savchuk vsavchuk at productengine.com
Fri Dec 24 05:01:53 PST 2010

On 12/24/2010 01:17 PM, Opensource Obscure wrote:
> Going through local chat is clearly lame, and confusing for
> people around you. That's why I said I would like to
> "copy/paste" a SLURL into Inventory, create<something>
> (not a landmark) and then clickit  to teleport.
> I'm thinking about management of  Bookmarks in current
> main web browsers, where you're allowed to edit
> both name and destination of a bookmark, tag it,
> assign to multiple folders (or tags).
>
> Does this make sense to anyone here?
Sounds like a hack to me: this is what landmarks were made for.
I think the most proper solution would be to fix the above-mentioned
protocol limitation and maybe extend functionality of landmarks (e.g.,
as you said, add ability to edit the location) without inventing new
inventory asset type.

--
Vadim