[opensource-dev] STORM-797 and other ideas about Landmarks&SLURLS (was "Daily Scrum Summary - dec. 23")

Erin Mallory angel_of_crimson at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 08:27:30 PST 2010

Since thee ahs been the ability for over a year now to make a landmark anywhere you visit, I simply don't see the need for a new asset type.  From what I understand from Lindens in all parts of the LL it takes an ungodly amount of work to create a new asset, which is part of why the new presets for the viewer are not going to be shareable via asset.  Also, I really don't want two assets that do essentially the same thing. You can already manage landmarks like bookmarks, and v2 now has the viewer bar.
I agree totally with the idea of removing the protocal that prevents you from being able to create/edit landmarks, and put in a way to create one via surl/maplink.
I think it should be able to be created in each of the following methods.
1) when a surl is clicked in world or on a webpage and pops up the place profile, I think a create landmark button should appear on the place profile page.
2) via right click in the inventory AND landmarks tab and selecting "create landmark via SURL" which would open a text box you could type the surl/maplink into.
3) On teleport offers a new option "create landmark" which would neither accept nor cancel the tp.  Useful if you can't accept right then, or if you're having teleporting failures.