[opensource-dev] Snowglobe 1.3 RC1

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:53:55 PST 2010

Opensource Obscure wrote:

> I'm using Snowglobe 1.3 RC1 since today (Linux) - I crashed 3 times
> in 4 sessions, with wiewer suddenly freezing. Need to kill -9 the
> process to exit.

Just checking that your viewer is indeed 1.3.1.3125, February 5, 2010?

Certainly sounds like there is still a dead lock present, i've had a bit
of feedback since saying some people have running fine now and was
hoping we had cracked this for the minute, but 3 lockups does not look
good.

Do you do your own builds? the only way for certain to know whats up is
to run the viewer under gdb (but for useful results this required your
own build with debug symbols), and then when a lock up occurs to break
the debugger then print the back traces of the threads involved.

;-/

Robin