[opensource-dev] retrieving scripts attached to an object

Mahmoud Ismail mahmoudahmedismail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 06:47:14 PST 2010

Hi all,

as a proof of concept i was creating a floater which instantiated by a
button on the Pie Menu
in that floater i've created a Button  in which i was try to get all
inventory items attached to the selected object

but, i found that it gives no script items although there're two script
files "Note: i didn't open these files just press on New Script"
now, sometimes when i opened these files  first then press my button it
gives results

here's my button code:

       InventoryObjectList inventory_list;
        object->getInventoryContents(inventory_list);
llinfos<<"Loop on inv_objects "<<llendl;
 for(InventoryObjectList::iterator inv_obj=inventory_list.begin()
;inv_obj!=inventory_list.end();++inv_obj)
{
                    LLPointer<LLInventoryObject> obj=*inv_obj;
                    llinfos<<"Type : "<<obj->getType() << " Name :
"<<obj->getName()<<llendl;
 }

anyone could tell me why i've to open the script file in order to be known
as an inventory item for that object

another request, if anyone have any material could help me in understanding
of the workflow of the scripting module (from creating scripts till saving)
please pass it.

thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
Mahmoud Ismal