[opensource-dev] step by step guide to compiling snowglobe

Stickman stickman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 05:11:44 PST 2010

> One would wonder why Emerald can fix this, and LL can't.

It's been addressed.

https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2009-June/014269.html
"The problem is that it's not possible to provide precompiled Boost
libraries that work for both VS 2005 and VS 2008. Since Linden Lab has
standardized on VS 2005, that's what we provide." -Rob

Later in that thread we see:
https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2009-June/014273.html
"I will be looking into providing library packages that contain
binaries for both versions shortly.  Hopefully in the next week or
two." -Brad Linden

Obviously, that didn't happen. But I've always wondered if it's
possible to bribe Lindens with confectionery.

-Stickman