[opensource-dev] Client-side scripting in Snowglobe

Maggie Leber (sl: Maggie Darwin) maggie at matrisync.com
Thu Feb 18 05:55:17 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Argent Stonecutter
<secret.argent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Java and Mono/.NET intermediate language can do anything native code can...

Quibble: I can't speak for the MSFT-proprietary platforms, but Java
code runs subject to the classloader's SecurityManager.  I do hear
talk that Silverlight is gaining the ability to do ActiveX calls. Joy.

I do worry even when I hear talk of a Flash MediaPlugin, because Adobe
code is famous for being exploited through scripting.

"In the first quarter of 2009, malicious PDF files made up 56% of all
exploits tracked by ScanSafe. That figure climbed above 60% in the
second quarter, over 70% in the third and finished at 80% in the
fourth quarter..."