[opensource-dev] Client-side scripting in Snowglobe

Ron Festa ronfesta at docs.rutgers.edu
Fri Feb 19 10:31:01 PST 2010

To be honest the arguments I've been seeing about not using MONO seem to be
forgetting something. There are multiple languages that can be
compiled/interpreted in MONO with the appropriate addon, not just C#. Just
to name a few we have Python, Boo (which resembles Python and seems to come
with MONO now), Lua, Java, JavaScript, VisualBasic.NET, Pascal, PHP, and
with the work LL has done to the server we now have LSL. With MONO you have
options both in the language choice and what OS it can run on. The generated
code (whether compiled or interpreted) should be compatible with LL's server
sided script engine and should be compatible with OpenSIM.

Ron Festa
Virtual Worlds Admin
Division of Continuing Studies at Rutgers University
PGP key: http://bit.ly/b1ZyhY
Phone: 732-474-8583