[opensource-dev] Client-side scripting in Snowglobe

Maggie Leber (sl: Maggie Darwin) maggie at matrisync.com
Fri Feb 19 11:54:42 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Edward Artaud <edward.artaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>  For client-side scripts to be something worth
> prioritizing implementing in mainstream viewers, their usage must be
> based on the assumption that some large percentage (80+% maybe) of
> attachment scripts, for example, would be running client-side...

Uh...I didn't really see viewer-side scripting as something that would
make any significant dent in what's done today with scripted objects
serverside except in the case of some HUD objects.

I was thinking of this as new function, and only incidentally
providing some marginal performance relief for LLs servers in limited
cases...such as how Emerald's avatar radar reduces or eliminates
avatar radar HUDs.

Love to hear other views on this...