[opensource-dev] Client-side scripting in Snowglobe

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 18:42:48 PST 2010

On 2010-02-20, at 19:37, Morgaine wrote:

> It is interesting to hear that you also had this kind of
> communications architecture in mind.  I think perhaps it's an
> applications model whose time has finally arrived, the age of
> multicore.

It's a fairly natural model. It was really first introduced around
1970 in UNIX... it's called the "pipe". Even on a single-core system
it provides a significant performance improvement for a large class of
problems where I/O and throughput matter. Of course as multi-CPU UNIX
servers became common in the '80s and the norm in the '90s it just got
better and better.