[opensource-dev] Client-side scripting in Snowglobe

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 07:46:35 PST 2010

It is really sad.

When people in the open source community have dedicated there life to
help build open source products for the viewer suddenly find out that
Linden Lab has totally ignored all that work already put into projects
done by the open source community.

Consider that I have personally logged the idea of client-side scripting
back in April 2007: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-98

I find it hard to believe that LL wouldn't want to work with anybody
that has done such work. Since I don't want to believe that, then what
conclusion can we come to if LL continues to leave us out in the cold.
It appears as if LL takes the ideas under their wing, but only the idea.
When will LL also take up those that obviously have the idea and have
already spent a lot of time invested in this that would be a solid
benefit to LL to have them on the team.

For LL to completely do it from scratch without the others means even a
greater cost to the investors of LL. It means LL employees has to spends
the hours of time to comes up with the exact same design conclusions
that we have come up with already. Obviously our attempt to join the
team at LL isn't anything about being not productive, we just think it
saves the investors money on productivity we've already done.

I would like to contact the investors of Linden Lab and ask them
personally their decision on the matter.

Dz