[opensource-dev] TPV & opensim

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 11:37:47 PST 2010

Given this setup. It would look like this:

[ viewer <-> opensim ] <-> [ opensim <-> viewer ]

That's peer to peer.

Let's say somebody wants to setup a 3D website inside one. They don't
want to go through ICANN because it's "virtual" just like "virtual
linden" currency.

They want "http://media.on.a.prim.region.open.sim" as their website.

They point and click, create object, select media prefs, enter website
address, they get the TLD automatically, no hassle to reg with ICANN for
every prim they create. And, no need to have a static server, any other
simulator may connect to their simulator and find their website.  That
way someone may "buy" their prim, take it to another world, and use it
there, and the website still works and knows how to resolve addresses.